Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 39 Cambrian to alamerda

We left Cambrian this morning to go to our last stop on our great adventure , what a adventure it's been . Alameda is where the dock is were the english and belgiums will ship there cars home . Elaine arranged to have the farewell party at the Oakland yacht club which was next to hotel . We had the entire club to ourselves which was great . The fixed a nice dinner good wine and strong drinks . Everyone had storys to tell . It was happy and sad at the same time knowing tomorrow we were all going are separate ways like the wind .we were all good friends before and now we are much better ones now . Everyone watched out for everyone else helped each other , made sure everyone cars were running to help them complete the trip . The friendships that were forged will last a lifetime for me and I know the rest of the gang. The next morning ( day 40 ) there more goodbye's and hug's and kiss's . I left to go over to Manticia to see henry and Louise and spend the nite . I got up the next day an left for home , I had been gone long enought ,I wanted to go home . Also I was running out of under ware and clean socks . We left June 7th and returned on July 21st , for a total of 45 days. Every day was new and more exciting then yesterday . I can't wait for the next morgan's over america trip . I'll be the first to sign up for the next great adventure ! Michael & Sherry P.S. I drove 7984 mile's start to finish with absolutely no problems the plus 8 is a great car !

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your blog Michael, it really made me smile and was so you :) Thank you for putting the hard work in when you didn't have a lot of time after a long day driving. I'm glad the Plus 8 was trouble free on the trip, especially after the problems you had with the Aero. I still remember the hilarious stories about the Niagara Falls breakdown and was only talking about it to a SpotMog member yesterday. Wiffy pants and socks eh? Next time you'll have to buy some paper disposible ones :) Love to you and Sherry and hope to see you at the AGM. Lol Pauline and Peter

    ReplyDelete